Stolo’s calculator is built to help you understand what makes it a profitable/loss-making trade. This calculator is detailed & distinct in a way that educates you on every element that is involved.
How to use it
- At the top right corner of the page, you can key in the Qty and Buy Price of the option you wish to trade. This would automatically calculate the margin that is required for the same.
- You may notice a row that is present by default which shows how your trade would make profits if the market moves by 5pts.
- You may increase/ decrease the value set for “Target Pts”. As you do this, the calculator automatically calculates the selling price, taxes, brokerage along with Net P&L.
- You can also increase the number of trades to see the calculation reflecting automatically for you.
- You can add new rows to mimic your trade journey and see how would the profits/loss look when market moves up/down by n number of points.
Important Keywords & Meaning – Calculator Page
- Qty Input – refers to Qty of options you wish to Buy.
- Buy Price – refers to buy price of the option.
- Margin Required – refers to margin that you may require to buy the Qty at a Buy Price as entered.
- Breakeven – refers to how many points market should move to reach breakeven point.
- Target Pts – refers to market points with which you wish to perform calculation.
- Selling Price – refers to what will be your selling price based on Target points & Buy price you have entered.
- P&L – refers to profit/loss based on inputs entered. This is Gross P&L
- Taxes & Brokerage – shows you the amount which you would pay as taxes & brokerage for the entered values
- Net P&L – refers to true P&L after deductions (taxes & brokerage)
- No of Trades – denotes number of times you wish to achieve results based on same configuration
- Profit – refers to cumulative profit based on no of trades for set configuration
- Taxes & Brokerage – shows you the amount which you would pay as taxes & brokerage for the entered values, now getting calculated considering number of trades too for the current row’s configuration.
- Net P&L – refers to true P&L after deductions (taxes & brokerage), now getting calculated considering number of trades too for the current row’s configuration.
- Add Trade – You can click on this to add a new row.
- Delete – when clicked on this icon, the current row will be eliminated.
The section present at the bottom of the page denotes Net P&L & taxes and Brokerage for all the rows that you add to perform calculation.